My first blog nomination from my cuzzie over at my most favouritest of blogs – Memoirs 4 My Munchkins.
So the way it works is that I should say 7 random things about myself that my readers don’t know yet…seeing as I only have a sum total of about 5 readers, all of which are family, this is going to hard and I hope that they don’t disown me for some of these…here goes nothing…
- I am STILL wearing my leggings that I bought in my final stretch of my pregnancy…yes, they’re maternity leggings but they still fit oh-so-comfortably that I can’t bear to add them to the pregnancy clothes bag just yet.
- After having one child and being the person who grew up saying I’d never have any kids ‘cos I despised kids didn’t have a single maternal bone in my body, I now think that I’d like to have a family of four kids…when I mention this to my husband though, his first thing is – I hope the rest are going to be with another man followed closely by the other option – that for our sake, he hopes we’re going to win the lotto!
- I read the first book in the trilogy, Fifty Shades of Grey, and bought the second and third books purely because of peer pressure which I generally don’t crack under but I decided this time to “roll with the Jones’s”…I’ve gotten through half the second book and I’m probably one of the few who didn’t/isn’t enjoying it! What a waste of money and a bad bad read!!
- I have this secret obsession with “bohemian” clothing. I just love the floral prints and the way that the clothes are so “different” and not mainstream like the clothes in Woolies, Truworths and Edgars. I do however think that I am too old (and too poor) to do an out-of-the-blue wardrobe change. I’d probably have to move cities, change friends and again, win the lotto ‘cos the clothes (unless purchased from a second hand store) are generally quite expensive!
- I’ve always wanted to own my own restaurant. I have a real obsession love for food – I love cooking, I love trying new things out and most of all I LLLOOOVVVEEEEE eating!! I’ve always been a sweet tooth compliments of my mama (I wonder if she fed me chocolate from a very young age ‘cos as far back as I can remember, I’ve always chosen sweet over savoury) but lately, I can’t seem to choose between sweet and savoury things and when it comes to birthdays at the office and both are on offer, I choose something of EACH…it doesn’t matter how full I am, I refuse to miss out on good food. I blame this largely on my pregnancy because I really took full advantage and ate as much as I wanted of anything I wanted to but enough is enough, I.MUST.STOP!!!! That being said though, I’d still like to own my own restaurant one day.
- I wish that I had more friends (although my lack thereof could help a lot if I won the lotto and realized my “dream” in number 4 above). I’m a bubbly person by nature and I love spending time with people and chatting for hours on end…yes, I know this sounds like a weird thing to say, but I know people with groups of girlfriends who spend afternoons out with the girls, go to spas for the day and chat often about the things that they’re going through with their husband and kids so yes, I wish I had more friends. I don’t have a best friend and I’m over trying to make friends (watch this space – separate blog to come on this) but I still wish that somehow, a group of fantastic friends can just walk into my house and I can have some good company ‘cos it’s just not the same going to the spa and having coffees on your own 😦
- I am absolutely petrified of dying. Religion and beliefs aside, I cannot imagine being a nothing, I can’t imagine there being a big black hole where I used to be, I can’t imagine never seeing my family again and I can’t imagine never waking up ever again! I’m also petrified of those close to me dying – I can’t imagine them not being around, not seeing them, not picking up the phone to call…I miss my grandparents and think about them every day and believe that they’re watching down on us but they were old and I guess them dying was the natural course of life, but their passing made me realize that we’re getting there and where the grannies and grandpas were once, they no longer are, and that means that our parents, aunties and uncles are now the next generation who will go and that almost scares me even more than me going!!
So there you have it – the 7 random things about me 🙂
When I started blogging, I was so super excited to get one of these one day and join in the blogging about lists of things. Now that I’ve finally got it, I don’t really have bloggers that I can send this to – I only follow three blogs and the reason I follow them is of course because I enjoy reading them so if I had to nominate them, I’d definitely do that…here they are;-
For the bloggers that I’ve nominated, if you wish to pick this up and pass it along, here is a quick should-do list:
- Include the award logo in your post or on your blog
- Say 7 random things about yourself that the readers don’t know yet
- Nominate 5 – 10 other blogs you usually follow
- Let the nominees know that they are nominated & include their blog-links
- Link the person who nominated you
Have a super weekend all!! 🙂 xxx