How exciting – another blog award 🙂 Before I started blogging, this was one thing that I thought was really cool about blogging and I’m so glad that I can now take part in these. Unfortunately, I’m a bit of a “blog stalker” and so, thanks to Robyn over at Memoirs 4 My Munchkin, I now have another blogging award, but on the downside, I follow most of my blogs through her blog so I don’t really have other bloggers to pass this award on to but I’ll play the game for what it’s worth!!
1. What is your best feature and why?
I’d have to say that my eyes are my best feature – I mean, who doesn’t want green eyes?? I remember as a teenager growing up, all my friends were getting colour contacts so that they could have green or blue eyes and there I was smiling away because, for once, I had something that nobody else had 🙂
2. If you could be anyone else for a day, who would you be and why?
Sjoe, this is a tough one! I like being myself, I really do. It’s hard to imagine being somebody else so instead of choosing somebody specific, I’m rather going to choose a “job” of sorts – I’d like to be a housewife. Not one of those that stay at home – clean cook, sort out children etc. but one of those who has a domestic, a nanny, a cook, a gardener and all I’d have to do was spend a few minutes with my children then pop out for teas, manis, pedis, massages. I can already see it now – I’d be bored stiff after a few months but I wouldn’t mind trying it out for a little while! Hint hint, nudge nudge, to the powers that be…
3. Where do you see yourself in five years?
In Cape Town baby!!! Our plan was to move to Jo’burg from Cape Town and try it for two years…it’s been about six years now (boy, how time flies!) and we’re still here. I love Cape Town and I really think that it’s the ideal place to move and to raise a family. Why we’re still here – let’s just say it’s all about the money. I know, I know, in the grandscheme of life, it isn’t all about the money but at this stage in our lives, we’re still trying to build up our measly fortune and careers and we think that for now, we need to be in Jo’burg!! But…hopefully in five years, we’ll be able to move back to Cape Town.
4. If you had an extra hour in the day, what would you do with it?
Right now, that’s simple – SLEEEEPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so sleep deprived, it’s not even funny. One day, when my little boy child realises that sleeping through the night is as awesome as we try and make it sound, perhaps I’ll be singing a different tune – but for now, all I can think about is sleep!
Now that that’s done, here’s a quick four random facts about me…
1. I have been doing bootcamp since the beginning of the year and totally enjoy it! It’s not so much the weight loss thing (because I still eat for at least three people every.single.day!) but more for the exercise and socialising. And I think that I’ll continue doing it for as long as I can.
2. Although I absolutely love music as I’ve blogged about time and time again, I’ve really neglected playing the piano ever since Ethan was born. Perhaps if I didn’t have the issue in 4 above, I’d rather spend the extra hour “reconnecting” with my piano 🙂
3. I am dying to have another baby! Yes, you heard it, even with the sleeplessness…and thank goodness the hubster doesn’t read this blog because I think that if he heard this statement again (at the moment, he’s totally against it – can you say sleeplessness???), he’d kick me out of the house. Yup, I’m at that point where I talk about it all.the.time – poor man!!
4. I am somewhat of a hoarder when it comes to clothes. I doubt I’ll ever be down to a size 34 again (I can fit into some of my pre-pregnancy size 34 clothes but mostly, I’m more of a 36 now) and because I want to have another child, I’m pretty much unmotivated to go all out and get rid of the extra weight that I’m still carrying post pregnancy but for some reason, I can’t throw my old clothes out! This probably has a lot to do with the fact that clothes are expensive and I don’t have cash to buy a whole new wardrobe but I am especially relunctant to throw all my lovely lingerie away! In reality, I doubt any of it will ever fit again but they all look so pretty…oh well!
Okay, I’ve kept with the 4’s from Robyn’s blog as per above but to nominate 4 other blogs that I love is a bit impossible so I’m breaking the rule and nominating the following 2;-
My questions to the bloggers that I’ve nominated…
1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
2. If money weren’t an option, what would you do?
3. If you were stranded on an island, what is the one thing you’d want with you?
4. If you could change one thing on your body, what would it be?
5. If you could be an animal, what would you be?
6. What do you like doing most to pass your time?
7. What is the most embarassing thing you’ve ever done?
That’s me 🙂 🙂 🙂